Thursday, October 22, 2009

And the reasons are simple...

Surprisingly there is still talk about Miley Cyrus deleting her Twitter account.  I remember hearing about it on the radio and then a song about it.  There is still talk on the radio about it. 

This song that Miley came up with however is not just one her usual songs.  This new song is a rap found on youtube. In the song, Miley gives her reasons for deleting her account.   She wanted her private life private and did not think it was important when people knew that she was doing her hair. 

After listening to the song and reading the lyrics, it makes me wonder why I even have a Twitter account.  With Twitter you do write what you are doing, "but who really cares?"  It is interesting to see what people are doing at the time but sometimes it seems pointless.  One of the only reasons why I enjoy having a Twitter account is because I get updates on my hometown and businesses that I enjoy shopping at. 

So does Miley's song have a good point?  Twitter seems like a big hit, but does anybody really care what you are doing? 

And while we are on the topic of videos and vlogging, I just so happened to stumble across this video.  Check it out, it is pretty hilarious.  It is a response to Miley's rap and it can also be found on youtube.  \

There have been a few examples of somebody posting a video and then somebody else posting their own video in response to the first one.  I thought this was interesting and a good example of how people also use videos.  People can use videos to respond to something. 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely think that Miley has a point. I started a Twitter account just for this class, but I found it completely pointless. I'm one of those people that hates how others on Facebook constantly update their status as to what they are doing. I understand putting what they are doing up there if it is something exciting, but I really do not care if so and so is going to class. I believe that my personal life is exactly that, personal! If somebody wants to know what I'm doing, they can do a multiple of things including write on my wall, send me an e-mail, call me, text me, or just stop by my apartment. If somebody can come up with a good and valid reason for me to use Twitter, I'm all ears, but for now, I will stick to my opinion that it's pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia,

    Why in the world are we still talking about Miley Cyrus at all? Does no one else find her annoying? I watched that video…Miley please stop rapping. All I can do is shake my head. I think Twitter is dumb. I occasionally read a couple of people’s Twitter pages that I find interesting. However, these people don’t post things like, “I’m having a shower, then eating ice cream, then going for a walk.” The response was pretty funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia -

    I agree with you completely about Twitter. Some of the things that people list on Twitter must be pretty creative, but most of them that I have read before are boring and pointless. People could write, "I went to the bathroom" if they were really into twittering. I don't get the whole hullabaloo about twitter, but I think it's silly that everyone makes a big deal about Miley Cyrus deleting her account. It's not like the world has come to end because she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa- I also find Miley Cyrus completely annoying. Personal opinion: there are much better singers/actresses/ahem, rappers out there, so why is she so popular? Seriously, it sounds like there's always something in her mouth while she's talking (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBhffq70P6I) and she's just plain mean and vain on her show. I believe the Disney Channel brainwashed kids into liking her.

    As for deleting her Twitter account, good for her. People don't need to know what she's doing every second of every day. I don't understand why people are so mad.

    ReplyDelete